As we have looked at the "Parable of the Prodigal Son" throughout the month of September, I hope that you have been seeing yourself reflected in some of the different characters of this powerful story. If you missed those sermons, click on the sermon tab in the resources section above and take a listen. After you do, please take some time to reflect on the following questions:
The Younger Prodigal (Sept. 5)
- How do you feel about (or relate to) the younger son?
- What has been your “far country?” Your “rock bottom?”
- In what ways are you still running away today? In what ways are you returning?
- What song would describe your life right now? Why?
The Elder Prodigal (Sept. 12)
- How do you feel about (or relate to) the older son?
- Have you ever felt that you had to earn someone’s love? What was that experience like for you?
- What resentments do you need to let go of in your life?
- If the father was coming out to you, how do you think the conversation would take place? (Write a fictional dialogue based on your life.)